2020-09-10

(2020-09-10) Otekomachi

Morning MusumeYokoyama Reina likes.... "Azai-san, he's so cool!"

This is Yokoyama Reina from the 13th generation of the idol group "Morning Musume'20". She's one of those famous bright characters very popular and known for always smiling. Recently those kind of idol are expanding their activities to television variety shows. After recording for "Downtown DX" as a guest, she talked about the current activity status of the group and their future image.

― Muscle training at home during the quarantine

― Please tell us your impressions of your first appearance in "Downtown DX".

This is a program I've been watching for a long time, so I was really excited to be a guest there. But when I went into the studio and saw the set I always watched on TV, I was so nervous that I panicked, telling myself "What should I do!?". However, when the recording started, the two MC show kindly put them into a tsukkomi roleplay and the other performers kindly treated me as well, then I enjoyed the end.

― The corona virus influence has been prolonged once again, so what is your recent activities and Morning Musume's as well?

I stayed at home all the time once the declaration of emergency was announced in April, but since the declaration was lifted the following month, I was able to work little by little. Every saturdays and sundays, we hold Hello Project Concert, we were able to see our fans again. To be honest, I would like to redo Morning Musumeconcert as fast as possible, but I'm also glad to be able to stand solo performance, alone in front of my fans. 

― What kind of life did you live while refraining from going out?

I really stayed at home all the time. It's the first time I've been at home that long. Until then, I was able to exercise at work, such as dance lessons and tour rehearsals, without even trying to exercise on my own. However, I couldn't do that at all because of my self-restraint. When I tried to work by myself, I couldn't because I always wanted to eat (laughs). So I ate. I told that to Morning Musumemembers and they thought "This is bad", so we started to do muscle training together by connecting. I'm someone that doesn't last long unless I enjoy everything, so I invited members and family members and we all worked hard while having fun together.

― Watching a lot of "Sleeping prank"

― Back to 2016, when you were chosen to be part of Morning Musume13th generation. What made you want to become an idol?

I started to like idols when I was in sixth grade, during middle school. But at the time, I didn't want to become an idol, as a fan, I supported Morning Musumeactivities. When I was in the second year of high school, a sleeping prank was organized for Morning Musumemembers, when they had to wake up and doing performances very early in the morning (laughs). I always liked to watch those kinds of programs and videos, like watching one of Morning Musumemade me think they could be "interesting idols" as well as "cool and talented idols who sing and dance anytime anywhere". 

― So, If you haven't seen the Morning Musume. sleeping prank...

I probably wouldn't be here. I'm still a Morning Musumefan today. It's a miracle.

― Is there another professional area you would have liked to do if you weren't a Morning Musume?

Until I decided to try to enter into Morning Musume, I wanted to become a teacher of social studies in middle school. I really like history and I'm glad that my grades in social studies were outstanding. Even if I wasn't good at all on other subjects (laughs). I was taking classes thinking, "If I become a social studies teacher, I would like to teach my students by this way" or "If I give my students homework, I would give them this kind of print".

― You say you like history, but what exactly do you like about history?

About historical figures, I really like Azai Nagamasa-san (from Sengoku warlords). When I read a history textbook or a book about Sengoku warlords, I will not particularly remember it, but if I watch NHK taiga dramas, I will be into it always saying "Azai-san is so cool!!!" (laughs). 

― Wasn't it the actor playing Azai Nagamasa-san who was cool instead of his character? (laughs)

That's not the case. Looking Azai Nagamasa-san character by many actors made me realize "Azai-san had a strong ego as a Sengoku warrior, but he was a kind person". That's why I fell in love with it. Besides, I like the history of the Jomon period. I'm interested in earthenware. I dreaming about going to the Sannai Maruyama ruins at Aomori (the largest Jomon village in Japan), so I will do my best to fulfill it!

― Kohai learn from senpaisenpai learn from kohai

― Morning Musumehas different ages, 8 years separate the older and younger member. Even though every lineup are different over the years, the group breathtaking performances doesn't make me feel like this lineup gap is so big.

I think it's just because of the contrast. Morning Musumekeep a strong relationship between senpai and kohai over the years and kohai always grow up looking at their senpai. As a kohai and having kohai as well in the group, I realize the both sides. I've been promote senpai recently, I notice something. During lessons, senpai can say "Let's do that more too" watching kohai training, it's kind of suprising. During lessons, and anytime anywhere, the senpai-kohai relationship is firmly protected, but in the dressing room senpai talk to their kohai intimately, it's clearly as an on and off program. I recently realized that some stories can be appreciated by everyone because we haven't all the same age.


― What is Morning Musumecurrent goal?

We don't know how the corona virus situation will evolve yet so we can not organized handshake and concert tours as we do every year, to cancelled them after. Even in such a situation, we are powering up our activities on instagram and youtube, thinking that we should have our fans enjoy it. I would like to please our fans by posting a lot of fun projects like youtubers do. First of all, I would like to do my best with the goal of "posting every day".

― Do you have thoughts like "I want to be this kind of adult woman"?

When I spend a lot of time at home, I thought deeply about that kind of things. Things like "I want to be like this in the future". I will be 20 years old on next February, so I think it's time to become an adult woman. My definition of "adult woman" would be something like "be listened and listened others". I don't want to change everything about myself just because I will be 20 years old, but I think the first step I'll take to become an adult woman is to listen more others' stories. Then, after being able to listen to people's stories properly, i'll be able to "express my own opinions properly."

Until now, about every kind of discussions, I used to think negatively "Even if you talk about your feelings, it doesn't change anything, so don't hold your mouth". However from now on, I'm in a position of senpai to teach my kohai. Therefore, I want to be able to listen to people's opinions, have my own opinions and explain my opinions to everyone in a gentle manner. Even if I'm one of the younger member in the group, I want to be able to keep my senpai position and firmly teach Morning Musume's history to the next generation. I want to do my best until I can have such confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment