2017-03-17

(2017-03-17) The Television

Morning Musume。'17 recreate the covers of their first releases!

Morning Musume。were born during a television show and have now become nationally recognized idols. This year, they are celebrating their 20th anniversary! Members have changed since the beginning of the group and to create an original project for their 20th anniversary, we asked them to recreate the covers of the first releases of the group ♪

― Morning Musume。'17 celebrates their 20th anniversary. Two new members joined the group lately and they're motivate to do so many progress.

Fukumura Mizuki : On the other day, the group first leader Nakazawa Yuko-san came to our concert and told me "It's so different from my era!". It makes me think that everyone can be part of Morning Musume。, you just have to love the group enough to be motivated about improve your singing and dancing skills, being cute and wear well several costumes... Since the first day I was chosen as a member, I always wanted to do my best to offer great and happy content to our fans et make them smile.

Oda Sakura : I think our strength is that we always come up with new songs with different styles. Our performances on the choreographies also count a lot and I am confident on this point. When I joined the group, Morning Musume。had rather a cute image. Today, we are more described as cool. I agree. All current members have a cool side.

Ikuta Erina : Nakazawa-san once told us that a lot of members have trouble retaining the choreographies because they find them difficult, but I feel like it's easier for today's members to perform them.

― Tell us about the new members Kaga Kaede and Yokoyama Reina. People say they inspire current senpai a lot.

Iikubo Haruna : Since I joined Hello! Project, they're the two first members that I find so talented when starting out in a band. There's no debate.

Kudo Haruka : It adds more challenge for the next members who will join the group, because now we cannot afford to add members who would not be up to them (laughs). In addition, these are the first 12th generation kohai.

Nonaka Miki : I'm glad to have my first kohai in the group. I feel a bit jealous because they are much more complimented by the senpai than we - the 12th generation - had been when we started, but it makes me want to give my all so as not to lose to them!

― Under this new member lineup, Morning Musume。'17 released their new single on March 8.

Fukumura : "BRAND NEW MORNING" shows a new face of Morning Musume。, we tell to everyone that we're going to evolve. I have a solo line that I song after Yokoyama-chan's, we can see the contrast. Yokoyama-chan sings it in a cute way, me pretty reassuring's one ♪

Makino Maria : When I read these lyrics I feel like it's a hero song. So I want to put myself as a hero and make those who listen to me smile!

Kaga Kaede : I felt the pressure of the 20th anniversary. Then, I had to express myself on a solo line. How should I do it? I opted for determination, because I want to continue the story of Morning Musume。.

Yokoyama Reina : There is also our solo dance! We have a lot of highlights in this song.

Ishida Ayumi : We can interpret the lyrics of "Jealousy Jealousy". To my point of view, I see them as the envy that senpai would have towards their new members... It's as if Tsunku♂-san had managed to transcribe what my heart is feeling right now, it's embarrassing (laughs).

Kudo : Tsunku♂-san's words perfectly capture what young girls may think of other young girls.

Ishida : In addition, in this single there's also a new version of one of our old songs "Morning Coffee". The new version is very different from the original, it highlights the charm of all the current members.

― The choreography of the new MV is amazing! We can clearly see a new formation in the group. There are a lot of highlights in the MV, which ultimately makes it very powerful.

Fukumura : While filming "BRAND NEW MORNING" MV, we had to carry flags. It was big, tall and heavy, it was very difficult to handle. Besides, they were made for right-handed people. Being left-handed, I had one more difficulty ...

Ikuta : In the choreography, there is a moment when we all stand to form a cross. This movement is very fast and we must be very precise if we are to be successful in forming the cross. We can't afford a single second of delay. I would like the public to make this effort.

Iikubo : It's especially that if we are only one second late we run into each other. So during filming, we were very careful. It was safety above all.

Oda : At the beginning I really had trouble with the choreography, I worked it so hard!

Haga Akane : At the end, I'm at the end of the cross, suddenly the tempo isn't the same and it was difficult for me to remember the two different rhythms.

Ikuta : Fortunately, Haga has long legs and can take big steps. I'm in the same situation as her except that I don't have her long legs, so it's even more difficult!

Kudo : "Jealousy Jealousy" rap part is also a highlight. It happens suddenly and we have outfits that are too cool!

Nonaka : I'm happy to be able to be in this part because, in my free time, I'm a beginner rapper and I like to add "YO" to my lines (laughs).

― Group spring tour will start soon. There are a few prefectures you go to that you haven't visited for a long time.

Kudo : It's a good thing to visit prefectures for the first time. We can expand our business even more and show who we really are!

Ogata Haruna : I'm always very tired when we doing tour concerts so my goal for this tour is to save my physical strength! I'm going to eat a lot of protein to make this happen.

Yokoyama : This is my first tour as a Morning Musume。'17 member so I'm also very worried about my physical strength. I did long training sessions to be prepared for it! Everyday I did sessions of 500 jumps to feel good on the tour.

Iikubo : Until today, I have always done my best with my own performances without paying attention to those of others. I believe that the time has come to bring together the qualities and strengths of each member to form one and all bloom together.

Fukumura : I want to do a lot of new performances with new members, do new things, take on new challenges (laughs).

Ishida : If the leader asks, let's get started on this tour.

― What are your ambitions for the 20th anniversary of the group?

Kudo : I am aiming for a world famous recognition, so I would like to do a world tour!

Oda : Same. Tsunku♂-san makes songs that anyone can listen to, so I would like to present so many songs he has written and co-written for 20th anniversary to the world.

Nonaka  : I really hope to be a link between overseas fans and members so I would like to post more videos in English. I started to study Korean and Chinese. Besides, I would also like to learn Spanish (laughs).

Ogata : I would like to run a program for children. Thus, the youngest would know Morning Musume。very early and could audition for the band later.

Fukumura : This year is important, it's our 20th anniversary. As a group of course but also as individuals, we want to touch the deepest feelings of those who watch our performances!

No comments:

Post a Comment