2019-02-06

(2019-02-06) Kumagaya Rugby

A discussion between three members from Hello! Project

From left: Maeda Kokoro-san (BEYOOOOONDS/Ame no Mori Kawa Umi), Yokoyama Reina-san (Morning Musume。'19), Takeuchi Akari-san (ANGERME)


— What do you feel about being chosen as a special supporter for the Rugby World Cup?

Takeuchi : This is the first time that my support skills will be used for sports, I'm glad! To be honest, I'm someone who watched sports competitions a lot and I always hear positive feedbacks about team supporters. Here, about the World Cup, it's something huge! I'm proud to be able to honor my family (laughs).

Yokoyama : I like sports as well. I often watch sport with my family on television, so I was glad to hear I'll be an official special supporter. 

Maeda : I have just been chosen to join a group and a whole project, so I was very surprised to be with so many senpai to support Saitama. For once the Rugby World Cup takes place in Japan, I can't wait to see the matches there will be in Saitama.

Takeuchi : Right! It's incredible to think that this is a world tournament, which will be broadcast on all the televisions on the whole world. I'm so happy to be able to participate in such competitions. Plus, being affiliated with Saitama is amazing. I'm still very proud of my prefecture (laughs). I've never seen a match live, it's a good opportunity~! I think this event will be able to give us an incredible experience, as an idol but also on a personal level.

Yokoyama : I have only watched games on television for now. But I know that teamwork is the most important. I know that with Morning Musume。'19, we put a lot of emphasis on our teamwork. So I think this opportunity can provide me with even more tools to better maintain my work with the girls. It will be an incredible experience!

Maeda : I also think teamwork is important. Certainly, some don't need it, like those who do individual karate like I do (laughs). But for me, who has just joined two new groups, I think we need to deepen the links with the other members around me. I would therefore like to learn, through this event, how to deepen teamwork.

— Do you think you can go and interview players who can perhaps scare you a little at first?

Takeuchi : When I was able to go to the Kumgaya rugby pitch, I came into contact with several players, but some scared me so much with their immense size that I was looking up all the time. It's in this sense that I find it scary to interview them.

Yokoyama : Right! I'm so small... How can I do?... (laughs)

Maeda : They are terribly muscular. More than I expected! I felt very inferior, even though I'm doing karate and being athletic too.

Yokoyama : Also, I would like to do something but I don't know if I'm able to do it for now. Things may change until then, but I would like to interview every leader on every team. I think it can be something interesting, it could motivate the players of the teams to hear encouraging words from their leader.

Takeuchi : I would like to see the emotions that players can feel during a rugby match. The tension must be incredible to handle, and the encouragement from the fans must be truly encouraging.

Maeda : I was already excited when I found out that the Rugby World Cup was going to be in Japan. I was also very tense, although there's a long time before it takes place. I want to see as many players as possible!

Yokoyama : I would like to see the players playing together as a true and only one harmony, when in reality the players are fighting each other, pushing each other, tackling each other. For me, this is the first image that emerges when people talk to me about rugby. However, I always encourage the teams. Sometimes I think I'm not responsive enough to look everywhere on the pitch! (laughs)

Takeuchi : This ideology of complicated and really long workouts to win the Cup is something I find incredible. When I watch the game my face shows, I think, how cool I find the players.

Yokoyama : I absolutely want to be in the front row to maybe have the chance to get one of the balloons that comes out! I think every Morning Musume。'19 member would all be excited to have a real rugby ball, which was played during the World Cup (laughs). It could motivate them to do sports.

Takeuchi : I also have to tell that to the members (laughs)! I don't think many members know anything about rugby, so I'd like to introduce them to it.

Maeda : I have only just opened my blog, but I can't wait to be able to talk about it to expand my passion for the sport.

Yokoyama : I post very often on my blog. I think talking about rugby and the World Cup that will be held at Kumagaya Rugby Field can be a good thing. But to talk about rubgy, I first have to study this subject on my own. Watching sport with the family is something I love, so I would do it with them (laughs).

— "I want a lot of people to experience the charm of rugby and the charm of Saitama!"

Maeda : Of course I want to extend rugby, but extending Saitama is very important as well.

Yokoyama : Kumagaya is a city already known in Japan which has a well-established image and reputation. People come to visit it a lot because the plants, flowers and trees are beautiful. I went to Kumagaya recently for an event and there were a lot of shops that were selling local Saitama or Kumagaya products for tourists who came to visit. I wanted to buy them all.

Takeuchi : I think there are a lot of people who have never been to Kumagaya, or even Saitama Prefecture, when it's actually very close to Tokyo. I think I will recommend it to lots of friends because it is worth knowing and visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment