2018-09-14

(2018-09-14) NO DAY, BUT TODAY vol.1 (Kudo, Kaga, Yokoyama)

What the mentor left behind
Dialogue between senpai and kohai
Kudo HarukaKaga Kaede x Yokoyama Reina
After the 13th generation joined the group during December 2016, Kudo from 10th generation was promoted into their mentor.
Here are the last words she left for her kohai before her sotsugyo obtention.

❝I always felt like I wanted to live up to my expectations❞


What did you feel back when you learned that you will be mentoring the new generation?

Kudo : To be honest, I thought it would be better to choose 12th generation members for this instead of me. It's been about 5 years that I joined the group, but I think it's easier to talk with members of closer generation ; that's why I thought about them. It makes me think a lot about the meaning of why we asked me to mentoring the new members. I don't really know the detailed reasons, but I decided to accept it anyway.

In a more personal way, how did you manage this role?

Kudo : I wondered if I was able to do it, but I accepted quite fast. I've always wanted to work hard, for everything I was asking for, that's also why I entered into Morning Musume。; I always felt like I wanted to live up to my expectations. Also, this generation was described as the one expected by everyone, then I thought it could be good experience to take this role. At that time, I was thinking about my graduation softly, so I felt that this might be my last big work.
Kaga : I'm sorry that Kudo-san's last big work is us...

Then the two kohai, how were you when you learned that Kudo-san would be your mentor?

Kaga : When manager-san told me, I was like "I am fortunate that my mentor is Kudo-san". I was so happy that she was chosen. If I wasn't mentored by Kudo-san, I really think Iwouldn't have been able to do as many thing as I've done this year so far. Both personal thoughts as attitudes toward work. I wish I could give her what she gave me.
Yokoyama : I really wanted to learn things with Kudo-san. She was from her that I most wanted to inspire myself to become a good person everyday in my life. It gave me the motivation to always give the best of myself.

What kind of education did you aim for?

Kudo : Since I wanted to be a senpai able to impose myself by my attitude rather than my words, I spent my time paying attention to my daily attitude and personal life. I thought that the "serious talk part" was the 12th generation's job and it turned to be it, so the stance I was aiming for was totally working. Besides, these two are stronger than we were when we joined at the time, they grow up in sync, they already and still reguarly think a lot about Morning Musume。future. These two are special kohai, so I'm looking forward to it.

Kaga-san and Yokoyama-san, is there anything Kudo-san said that left an impression on you? 

Yokoyama : During our concert tour debut, Kudo-san came to told me "The audiance want to see that we're having fun". Then my smile increased.
Kaga : During our rehearsal for the 20th anniversary event, she told me "Think about the meaning of having this event today".

What is true meaning of that?

Kudo : I told to all my kohai : "Think about celebrating the 20th anniversary of the group and the meaning of witnessing it", but I can understand members would not take it the same way I do. I just want Morning Musume。members feel the pride to be part of the group and being able to celebrates the 20th anniversary. Even if they just joined, they don't have to feel a drawing back.
Kaga : We are both born in the same year but the level of thinking is completely different.
Kudo : I wonder if it has something to do with the time I spent in the goup. Well, I think it's okay for the three of us can't feel the same way on some points. A member who has been in the group for 10 years will perceive more things that new members that entered in this year right. That's why I want, from you two, to do your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment