2017-03-07

(2017-03-07) FULL CHORUS

INFORMATIONS

Broadcasted on : March 7, 2017
Featured members : Morning Musume。'18 (Fukumura MizukiIkuta ErinaIikubo HarunaIshida AyumiKudo HarukaOda SakuraOgata HarunaNonaka Miki, Makino Maria, Haga AkaneKaga KaedeYokoyama Reina), 


CONTENT

Talk
MC : Morning Musume。'17! This year will be the 20th anniversary of their debut. Two new members have joined and their evolution won't stop. This will be their first single after assuming their new form, their fifth appearance on this show.

MC : At the end of last year, two new members joined, who are... Here! Your smiles are so youthful. Since we're here, please introduce yourselves. 
Kaga : I'm Kaga Kaede, 17 years old. Second year high school student from Tokyo Prefecture. Please take care of me. 
Yokoyama : I'm Yokoyama Reina, 16 years old. First years high school student from Saitama Prefecture. Please take care of me.

MC : Of course Hama-san, you knew about the new members already, right? 
Hama-san : You appeared on Countdown TV when you became '17, right? I watched that. I was recording a year-end radio show at the time and all of us in the studio saw you on TV.
MC : Did you become '17 the moment the yeard changed?
All : Yes.

MC : By the war, for the two new members. Of the 20 years of Morning Musume。, did you have an era that you particularly wanted to be a part of or admired?
Kaga : I wanted to join because of the song "One · Two · Three". When I heard it, I was shocked that these girls in my age generation could dance so coolly and crisply. I admired them. 
Yokoyama : I wanted to join because of the song "Sou da! We're ALIVE". I was only 1 years old when this song was released. When I was in 6th grade, I stumbled upon the video and thought the way everyone sang was really cool. It energized me. Since then I've really begun to like Morning Musume。. 
MC : It's a pretty old song right?
Yokoyama : From 2002.
Kudo : We're in our 20th year, but most of our members now weren't even born then. I was born after "LOVE Machine" was released, and now most of us here are in the same situation.
Haga : I was born after "Sou da! We're ALIVE".  

MC : Your first Double A-side single for 2017? Let's have everyone listen to "BRAND NEW MORNING" first. I already feel your determination from the song title. What kind of song is it?
Fukumura : Just as the title says, we want to show everyone a new Morning Musume。'17. The formation for this song is really complicated and we had some trouble with it. The lyrics are deep, and it feels like a culmination of everything abot Morning Musume。up until now. I think that's what this song encompasses.
MC : Thank you. Let's listen to it in FULL CHORUS : "BRAND NEW MORNING".

Performance
"BRAND NEW MORNING" (full version)

Talk
MC : Next up is the second song from Morning Musume。'17's new double A-side single : "Jealousy Jealousy". Hama-san, have you listened to it already?
Hama-san : This one is amazing. It's super cool. There's nothing else to say. By the way, the lady sitting over there is Meguro. She's one of our staff and she loves you guys. She really loved the group for a long time.
MC : Since you're here, tell us what you love about Morning Musume。.
Meguro : Well... um... I'm really sorry. I'm shaking right now. yes... Morning Musume。. is my life. I don't mean to be creepy... Without you, my everyday life would be dull. You bring color and vibrance into my life. I love you guys just for existing.
Hama-san : I came in a little early today and we were chatting. She was like "isn't Jealousy Jealousy amazing?"
MC : It's really cool and feels like something only Morning Musume。can sing. That's how amazing this is.
Oda : Tsunku-san is someone who really treasures "jealousy". Tsunku-san must have composed around a thousand songs by now and in a lot of them you can tell that he really loves jealousy. This time, his love for jealousy has exploded. In the end, jealousy is something that drives you forward. 

Hama-san : And the rap part too. There aren't many instrumentals keep your rhythm with during the rap parts which really shows your good sense of rhythm. The rhythm int he rap part is great. Go listen to it, everyone. It's amazing. This song is really something else. Tsunku-san is amazing. He's unparalleled. This is unrelated but I really liked Iikubo-san's blog entry where she talked about Jojo. 
Kudo : That really has nothing to do with anything.
MC : What's he talking about? That has nothing to do with the song! He's talking about random stuff during the show recording! 
Hama-san : Forgive me. 

MC : To enjoy all of "Jealousy Jealousy" even more, let's take a look at its component pieces. What's an important piece of "Jealousy Jealousy"?
Fukumura : It's our new members. 
MC : Why is that?
Fukumura : I don't think we would be able to do this 63rd without them. That's how important they are to us. I was reading the lyrics, and it's easy to see in "BRAND NEW MORNING". The two of them are featured heavily. But in "Jealousy Jealousy", and this is just my interpretation, Tsunku-san is saying 'two new members have joined and have taken the spotlight now. Are you, the seniors members, jealous of them?". I think that's the mindset he had writing this song. Like what was mentioned earlier, "jealousy" is often taken negatively, but this song says that it's okay and normal to have these feelings. 
MC : I watched the birth of Morning Musume。on the show "ASAYAN", when it was announced that new members would be added, everyone was shocked. That hadn't been done by any idol group before. Everyone thought "What is this system!?". Maybe back then, Tsunku-san was already trying to create "jealousy" among the members to nurture their growth. 

MC : Now, let's listen ot it in FULL CHORUS : "Jealousy Jealousy"

Performance
"Jealousy Jealousy" (full version)

No comments:

Post a Comment