2018-09-14

(2018-09-14) NO DAY, BUT TODAY vol.3 (Yokoyama)

"I want to go to the Saitama Super Arena to realize our dream with Kudo-san"

Looking back over the past year, what has made you cry the most?

I cried during the rehearsals for Pharaoh no Haka ~Hebi Ou Sneferu~. It's probably the saddest thing I've done all year.

Was it difficult?

Yes. We were in the middle of the rehearsals, right after the Golden Week. The role I was given this time, Rue (Lead role's sneferu's page), had a scene where she sang very well. My teacher told me to sing more, so I sang with all my might, but no matter how many times I tried, she warned me that I could do more and that I hadn't changed at all. I was confident that I was "really" doing it right, but it seemed I wasn't doing it at all. So I cried.

So you thought you were doing the best you could at the time.

But after the rehearsal, Ishida-san said to me "I think you can show more". So I checked the footage of the original performance and realized that I hadn't been able to do that. After that, Ishida-san took me to a private rehearsal. Since then, when I realized I wasn't able to do something, I went to ask her some help, even if I was frustrated to not succeed it by myself. She asked me to practice with her four or five times.

How did you feel afterwards?

When I was practicing and getting better at it, I looked back and thought "Oh, I wasn't doing it at all finally". 

By the way, Ishida-san was the main actor so she was watching you during that difficult performance, isn't it?

All the members seemed to have a strong feeling for the stage, but I think this is especially true for Ishida-san. We had a successful performance and after the final performance, Ishida-san said to me "You were really great". I was so happy that I cried there too.... Since I cried a lot in rehearsals, I thought I wouldn't cry anymore, but I cried for three years of my life (laughs).

It's a very good story.

Oh, and I also cried when I did a concert for the first time in my hometown, Saitama Prefecture, during our autumn tour last year. I'll never forget that day!

It was the last concert of Kudo Haruka-san in her hometown as well, when she was about to get her sotsugyo.

It was a weekday performance, and my "first" performance coincided with Kudo's "last". I felt sorry for that... I didn't know if it was right for me to be here. But Kudo-san was very pleased to make a triumphant return in her hometown. At the end of the concert, she said to me "I'm happy that you can now represent Saitama in your turn". Moreover, after Kudo-san left the stage for encore, she went back on the stage and she invited me to join her to say to the audiance to take care of me from now on. We promised each other that we would have a concert at Saitama Super Arena after that. It's my dream with Kudo-san, so I definitely want to make it come true. It's still in my heart... I'm keeping it close to my chest and doing my best!

What a lovely senpai.

I've been really lucky with the people I've been around.

No comments:

Post a Comment